should we be worried or status fedora ppc

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Feb 15 23:10:51 UTC 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 17:58, james rooker wrote:
> Thus the question: Are we in any danger of Fedora PPC
> being deprecated or stopped in the near future? Also
> who do we need to petition to stop any poisonous
> thinking along these lines among leaders of the Fedora
> Project?

The leaders of the Fedora Project have discussed making ppc a "secondary" arch
when we have the infrastructure in place for secondary arches to exist and
function well.  David Woodhouse has stated that he would be more than happy
to be the arch maintainer for PPC as a secondary arch once the infrastructure
is in place and proven to work.  This may not be until the Fedora 8
timeframe.  Until then we will continue to produce a PPC port of Fedora for
all 1% of our users (:

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora