Python SIG

Stanley A. Klein sklein at cpcug.org
Thu Mar 18 14:39:51 UTC 2010

I think the issue of Python distutils/setuptools is important.  I posted a
note to the Python Distutils SIG asking if there was any way I could do an
RPN package (using bdist_rpm) with results going to my usual rpmbuild
directory tree instead of being placed in the same directory tree as the
sources and setup.py.  I didn't get a response.

Meanwhile, everything seems to be eggs and easy_install that conflict with
the overall system management aspects (and Linux Standards Base aspects)
of RPM.

I think that any changes to fix the Python distutils/setuptools for RPMs
will probably need to originate in the Fedora community.

Stan Klein