fedora wikipage Packaging:Python

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 9 22:41:06 UTC 2015

MB> The page doesn't discuss much any differences in guidelines for
MB> packages of python modules, python applications and when python
MB> project provides both.

It shouldn't really need to; the question isn't specific to python at
all.

MB> Would you consider this to be important/useful enough for new
MB> packager to provide better guidance?

Perhaps a section in the main guidelines would be warranted.  For some
reason I already thought it was there, but I don't see it while
searching.  I'll see if I can draft something.

MB> Moreover would you think that listing few nicely packaged python
MB> projects on the wikipage would make sense?

That definitely doesn't belong in a packaging guideline.

 - J<