RATS replacement with Koji image building

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 08:47:45 UTC 2014

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:30:16 -0400 (EDT)
> Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > I've finally had time to watch some DevConf talks I couldn't
> > personally attend. This one is very interesting:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWwugyV9J0Q&index=20&list=PLjT7F8YwQhr928YsRxmOs8hUyX_KG-S0T
> >
> > I believe we could use it as a very simple RATS replacement. All the
> > heavy lifting would be done by someone else. I have created a ticket
> > about this: https://phab.qadevel.cloud.fedoraproject.org/T94
>
> For non-iso image creation, sure. Can it support iso creation or
> anything that uses anaconda? It kinda sounds designed for cloud images
> instead of anything which is using anaconda.

I'm not sure if we understand each other. The disk image creation process (run by Koji) uses anaconda, and IIUIC the result is a disk image (to be used in VMs, for example), not an ISO. So we don't need to do anything with the resulting images, we just throw it away. We would be just interested in the result.

So the whole check could look like this (pseudo code):

task = koji.buildImage('ks.cfg', 'fc21', scratch=True)
task.wait()
if task.success():
  return PASSED
else:
  return FAILED

This could be run daily.

> > Of course, this is not our immediate concern. But I felt like sharing
> > the video.
>
> Thanks for sharing it, I didn't realize that the devconf videos were
> available.

They are, but most of them are not added to the correct youtube playlist. I've asked people to fix it. In the meantime, all of them should be available in this view:
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedHatCzech/videos

The quality is very low, unfortunately. The slides are available in their description.