QA Infrastructure and Ansible

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Mar 19 06:33:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:32:35 -0700
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I'm going to start some major refactoring of the playbooks this week
> to farther a couple of goals:
>
> 1. Move to a central execution point for the production, staging and
>    non-local dev deployments
>
> 2. Migrate to a style more similar to how infra does things so that
>    the eventual migration isn't quite so painful
>
> 3. Make the playbooks, as a whole, more manageable and easier to
>    understand so that more folks can learn them, help with sysadmin
>    tasks and decrease the bus factor (which is currently 1 in a couple
>    of areas)

I've finally gotten around to starting on this and while I've made a
decent amount of progress, it's not quite done yet.

The changes I'm making are in the rolerefactoring branch if you're
interested in seeing the types of changes that I'm making. The docs
will need to be updated but most of the concepts mentioned are still
valid.

Tim