Beaker 0.16 released

Dan Callaghan dcallagh at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 05:24:27 UTC 2014

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that we released Beaker 0.16.0 this
week. This includes the fix for password hashing, which was one of the
outstanding security issues with having a public Beaker deployment.

https://beaker-project.org/docs/whats-new/release-0.16.html#password-hashes-use-a-more-secure-salted-form

I can upgrade the Beaker instance at dev.fedoraproject.org (Tim
sponsored me into the sysadmin-qa group so that I can help with this
stuff). I'll do that early next week unless there are any objections.
There will be a brief outage for database upgrades but I don't think
that matters given that the Beaker instance is currently not usable :-)

(Tim, when you can spare a few minutes please ping me and we can sort
out the remaining issues with those Beaker VMs.)

--
Dan Callaghan <dcallagh at redhat.com>
Software Engineer, Hosted & Shared Services