Taskotron Repos

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 18:12:29 UTC 2014

As I'm working more on the ansible playbooks to deploy Taskotron, I'd
like to get a repo setup for our builds until we have stuff in Fedora
proper.

I think we have 3 options: copr, fedorapeople and qadevel.

copr would probably be the easiest of the options - that takes care of
building, repo creation and hosting. The only disadvantage that I see
to copr is that it limits the number of builds available [1] to the
latest successful build and anything else < 14 days old.

[1]https://fedorahosted.org/copr/wiki/UserDocs#Howlongdoyoukeepthebuilds

fedorapeople is what we've used in the past for both blockerbugs and
autoqa. We still need to manage repo content and do the building but it
is a system for hosting the repo which we don't have to maintain.

When I setup the qadevel machine for phabricator, I planned to also use
the machine for at least CI and possibly some docs and repo hosting.
While I think this might be a good long-term solution for integration
with CI and possible continuous deployment in dev/stg, I'm not sure this
would be the best choice right now due to the amount of work which
would be required to get everything running.

Yet another option would be a hybrid approach (which is what I've been
doing for phabricator) would be to build the rpms with copr and mirror
to fedorapeople to keep more builds around. The process is a bit of a
pain but it can be less painful than building everything locally.

I'm of the opinion that either a buildscript or copr and fedorapeople
repos is going to be the best option for the moment. Any other thoughts?

Tim