Taskotron Data Interfaces

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 08:23:42 UTC 2014

> > > In this whole email you say 'task'. Do you mean 'check' in our usual
> > > terminology, or something else? Especially when describing the data
> > > structures.
> >
> > Now I realized that we started to use 'check' in the code, but all
> > our git repos are named 'task-*', and some of the READMEs use that
> > term as well. Another thing to put in sync?
>
> I suppose it depends on whether we want to use the current CheckDetail
> implementation for non-check tasks. If we don't, then I think we'll
> want to have something similar.

What are non-check tasks? :)

> For the other doc stuff, yeah, we should probably get things in sync.
>
> Tim

It's Task-o-tron, it suggests it's meant to execute _tasks_ :-) On the other hand, check is more specific than task, it explains the purpose better. I guess native speakers will need to deal with language subtleties. I just want to be consistent in naming, it helps us and our users, that's all.