Taskotron Data Interfaces

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu Mar 27 08:46:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 04:23:42 -0400 (EDT)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Now I realized that we started to use 'check' in the code, but all
> > > our git repos are named 'task-*', and some of the READMEs use that
> > > term as well. Another thing to put in sync?
> >
> > I suppose it depends on whether we want to use the current
> > CheckDetail implementation for non-check tasks. If we don't, then I
> > think we'll want to have something similar.
>
> What are non-check tasks? :)

We don't have any at the moment, but the idea would be things like
static analysis of source code, building of images for testing or other
potentially useful tasks that aren't necessarily checks.

The idea was to have something that could be used as a somewhat-generic
(but not something so generic as to be useless) automation platform.

> > For the other doc stuff, yeah, we should probably get things in
> > sync.
> >
> > Tim
>
> It's Task-o-tron, it suggests it's meant to execute _tasks_ :-) On
> the other hand, check is more specific than task, it explains the
> purpose better. I guess native speakers will need to deal with
> language subtleties. I just want to be consistent in naming, it helps
> us and our users, that's all.

Yeah, consistency is important. Personally, I'm ok with leaving stuff
like libtaskotron.check for the moment - that's what we're working on.
Do you think that changing things over to TaskDetail etc. would make
taskotron easier to understand?

Tim