Taskotron depcheck question

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 13:59:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 08:15:20AM -0500, Scott Talbert wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, Petr Pisar wrote:
>
> >>I emailed the maintainers.  They don't seem to think it is a bug because
> >>even though glibc-headers 32-bit isn't in the 64-bit repo, someone could
> >>still install it.
> >>
> >Frankly I don't understand the error message. They checks
> >miniz-devel.i686 on x86_64. So they checks packages accross different
> >repositories. That does not make much sense. Could send me the contact?
>
> I used the qa-devel mailing list.  This is the message exchange:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/qa-devel/2014-October/001015.html

Could you explain why you take i686 package from x86-32 repository and check
it against x86_64 repository?

As far as I know alternative-architecture multi-lib packages are distributed
in the same repository as packages for the main architectue. E.g.
glibc-devel.i686 is in x86_64 repository, hence glibc-devel is mutlilib.
glibc-headers.i686 is not in the the x86_64, hence glibc-headers is not
multi-lib.

-- Petr