Taskotron depcheck question

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Thu Nov 6 07:03:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 09:34:44AM -0500, John Dulaney wrote:

> >Could you explain why you take i686 package from x86-32 repository and check
> >it against x86_64 repository?
> >
> >As far as I know alternative-architecture multi-lib packages are distributed
> >in the same repository as packages for the main architectue. E.g.
> >glibc-devel.i686 is in x86_64 repository, hence glibc-devel is mutlilib.
> >glibc-headers.i686 is not in the the x86_64, hence glibc-headers is not
> >multi-lib.
>
> Are you building miniz as multilib?

The questions is nonsesne. Building a package in Koji does not have anything
to do with multi-lib. Multi-lib is an attribute to a binary package set by
release engineers.

Now I checked the x86_64 rawhide repository again, and indeed the i686 miniz
package is there. Something is wrong with the script release engineers use for
the multi-lib flagging. I will ask them.

-- Petr