openQA live image testing

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 11 13:24:59 UTC 2015

Hi, folks. I've been working on getting live image testing into openQA
today. I have forked openqa_fedora at happyassassin and added a 'live'
branch with my work:

https://www.happyassassin.net/cgit/openqa_fedora/log/?h=live

currently I just keep force-pushing to a single commit, note, don't
rely on the history.

I haven't set up the scheduling in openqa_fedora_tools yet, but you
can try it by checking out my branch, running ./templates --clean ,
putting the Alpha RC3 live image in /var/lib/openqa/factory/isos, and
then running:

/var/lib/openqa/script/client isos post ISO=Fedora-Live-Workstation-
x86_64-22_Alpha-3.iso DISTRI=fedora VERSION=rawhide
FLAVOR=workstation_live ARCH=x86_64 BUILD=22_Alpha_RC3

I've been tweaking it all day and I'm pretty sure it now works for a
default live install up to GDM, and also the existing tests still work
too. Tomorrow I'm aiming to extend the test a bit further and figure
out scheduling of live jobs.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey