Upcoming Changes to Cloud-Based Infrastructure (qadevel, testdays, taskotron-demo)

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Thu May 28 14:39:20 UTC 2015

The new cloud infrastructure has been deployed in infra and at some
point, we'll need to migrate the machines that we're using there to
that new cloud.

I'd like to have all this done sooner than later - definitely before
F23 branches. I've listed my initial thoughts on the 3 services we have
in the cloud below - thoughts, comments etc. would be appreciated.

Tim

taskotron-demo
--------------

This will be pretty straight forward and should stay in the
cloud.

testdays
--------

I think that josef has been putting some time into this as of late and
if we're going to continue using it, I wonder if it should be moved
into infra instead of to the new cloud. If not, I think that we should
change the hostname to testdays.cloud.fedoraproject.org to work around
the SSL issue that folks have been complaining about.

qadevel
-------

I'd prefer not to migrate this to the new cloud - I have a new stg
host set up in infra and I think that this will be a good chance for
us to migrate to that new setup. This will involve a new hostname,
redirects and fixing old links but it was something that was going to
happen eventually.

I've not heard any feedback on whether to move our git repos from
bitbucket to phabricator but I also think that's secondary to moving
to a new machine.