Upcoming Changes to Cloud-Based Infrastructure (qadevel, testdays, taskotron-demo)

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat May 30 21:54:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, 28 May 2015 08:39:20 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> The new cloud infrastructure has been deployed in infra and at some
> point, we'll need to migrate the machines that we're using there to
> that new cloud.

Yep. ;)

> I'd like to have all this done sooner than later - definitely before
> F23 branches. I've listed my initial thoughts on the 3 services we
> have in the cloud below - thoughts, comments etc. would be
> appreciated.
>
> Tim
>

> taskotron-demo
> --------------
>
> This will be pretty straight forward and should stay in the
> cloud.
>
> testdays
> --------
>
> I think that josef has been putting some time into this as of late and
> if we're going to continue using it, I wonder if it should be moved
> into infra instead of to the new cloud. If not, I think that we should
> change the hostname to testdays.cloud.fedoraproject.org to work around
> the SSL issue that folks have been complaining about.

yeah, this is more tricky. We have been trying to make
*.fedoraproject.org all https via HSTS headers. Unfortunately that
means browsers will start expecting that all of them use https all the
time and break things in the cloud.

So, I think I am going to see about moving our private cloud to another
domain and then we can have non ssl stuff in it ok. Hopefully this will
happen before too long.

kevin