Building Images for Taskotron Disposable Clients

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 02:33:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 17:50:13 -0800
Adam Williamson <adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-11-17 at 17:23 -0700, Tim Flink wrote:
> > Requirements:
> >   - make post-install changes to the images before distribution
> >   - specify partition table type
> >   - create users on the image
> >
> > Are there other requirements for openqa images?
>
> For some of the images what we primarily need is some specific
> partition table / layout, not any particular contents; as you say it
> may not make sense to do that with the same tool, but that is one of
> the openQA requirements.

Just to make sure I was being clear - I was referring to the empty disk
images (embedded updates.img, embedded ks, freespace etc. - the
stuff that's only using guestfish) that are made with createhdds.sh, not
the installed image. If I'm understanding correctly, it's the installed
images (minimal, desktop) that would be most useful to rebuild on a
regular basis - did I misunderstand something? Do all the images for
openqa need to come from the same tool? I suspect that the guestfish
"(mostly) empty disk" methods could be run just about anywhere at most
once a release.

That being said, it sounds like precise partitioning is another
requirement.

Tim