Fwd: An offer to quickly seed torrents.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Oct 23 17:38:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 13:37 -0400, Chris Halsall wrote:

> Hello Jesse et al.
>
> But, with respect, let me please argue that just because the source
> torrents are the least popular, doesn't mean they're the least
> important.

I don't necessarily disagree, I was just pointing out that they aren't
very popular in comparison to the others.

> For example, you currently have 27 people trying to download the DVD
> ISO, and nine trying to download the CD ISOs.  These have been seeding
> for several days now, and are still expected to take another day, and
> another three days, respectively.
>
> I am offering 40000 kb/s of bandwidth to serve these, along with any
> other Fedora torrents you'd like distributed.
>
> Again, I am offering.  Are you interested?

I never said I wasn't interested.

> I'd be happy to sit on an IRC channel, and will monitor when I can.
> Or, if you can send me an e-mail with an FTP/HTTP/RSYNC path to access
> these files when they become available, I'd be more than happy to
> assist.
>
> Please advise.

IRC is best, I'll forget to email and often we pre-seed the rsync paths
with images that are not quite final, but the final images will result
in a small rsync fixup.  I go by 'f13' on freenode .

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)