[Fedora-spins] Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 15:22:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 13:04 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> One of our options includes getting other seeds seeded with our compose
> and dropping the Fedora Project seed. Is this more feasible?

It doesn't really help with the initial compose and the bandwidth cost
of putting the bits /somewhere/ to be made public.

> How about not starting to seed it at all, but just do the tracking -and
> have others seed it initially, instead? A requirement which can be
> awesomely difficult to manage is who gets it first and who's responsible
> afterwards :/

It would still have to sit on our torrent server, and chew up disk
space/bandwidth to move it around.

> I think we all agree though the tracker should be run by Fedora Project
> no matter what, and the official compose should happen on Fedora
> Infra... I mean, that's set and a fact, right?

In my mind, with the way things currently are, yes.

The more I think about it, the more I think we should ask Infrastructure
to give us a resource budget, bandwidth/hardware/etc... and we should
design the releases' spins accordingly to fit into that budget.  rel-eng
budget it just man power, and I'm sure I could get some volunteers to
make composes happen, so it really comes down to infrastructure to
compose/host it all.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!