F12 0-day release updates

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:35:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:25:16PM -0400, Ricky Zhou wrote:
>On 2009-08-19 10:51:28 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
>> Perhaps this isn't really worthwhile, as it might just be a tiny drop in
>> the ocean of stuff the mirrors have to deal with.  So I'd like to get some
>> thoughts on this from the rest of you before I/we take any sort of proposal
>> to FESCo for this.
>It might be a good idea to email take an estimate of total size and
>number of files to mirror-list-d and mdomsch to find out if this is
>something they would want.

Based on what?  The old F11 numbers, or the supposed F12 sizes?

I don't think we can get the F11 0-day update sizes very easily.  And there
is a slight chicken/egg with F12 given that we aren't even close to doing
updates for that yet.

While I do think the mirror issue is important, I'll be honest and say the
'common sense' angle that Rex mentioned earlier is what I was after anyway.
I don't understand why we need to have 380 0-day updates of $new_crap.

Also, if it hasn't been clear thus far, the numbers and proposal I'm talking
about is scoped entirely at _stable_ updates.  The updates-testing repo can
have all the updates in it people want from my perspective.

josh