Alpha Freeze and branching spin-kickstarts

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Jan 27 16:59:21 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 20:32 -0500, Jeremy Katz wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I think it's entirely too many spins.  Looking at
>>> http://spins.fedoraproject.org:6969/ the spins we've offered for F10
>>> haven't been very popular.  The only ones with more than 10 complete
>>> downloads are XFCE, KDE, and Desktop.  FEL reached over 10 if you
>>> combine i686 and x86_64,  broffice comes close if you combine.
>> Ermm, isn't complete the number of complete seeders and then downloaded
>> is the number downloaded?
>>
>> Jeremy
>
> Haha, I'm an idiot.
>
> Lets move from 10, to 1000 and then the numbers make sense again.
>
> The spins with over 1000 downloads:  Desktop, KDE, XFCE, and if you
> combine i686 and x86_64 together you get 1000 out of BrOffice.  The rest
> barely make it to 500, when combined.

Having sended my previous mail to this thread just a little too soon...;

How does the following sound;

Using these numbers at the time of Alpha, drop X of the least downloaded
spins, where X is the number of entirely new spins for a given cycle?

There has to be a maximum, too. We said 10 during FUDCon, but I also
think we mentioned a maximum DVD vs. CD ratio?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip