Updates pain

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 18:10:31 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:03:02PM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Josh Boyer<jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So I like deltarpms.  I think they are a win overall.  I would be sad if we
>> disabled them.  But unless we have some different approach to some part of
>> the push process or deltarpm creation, I think we're going to have some
>> difficulties in the not too distant future.
>
>Instead of generating the deltarpms at push time, would it be possible
>to generate the deltarpms as soon as a package is built in koji?  Then
>all the push script would have to do would be to gather all the bits
>up and stuff them into place...

I think that would be possible only if RPM signing was done automatically
by koji at build time prior to drpm generation.

Also, it's not clear to me if the koji devs would be thrilled with that
either.  Particularly since you'd have to change koji to delta against
different things for a particular tag depending on if you're pre or post GA.

It's a good idea, and the kind of thinking we need.  If nothing else seems
like a better candidate, we could try it.

josh