Creating QA test images -- SOP?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 19:32:51 UTC 2010

Greetings folks,

I've noticed that the QA test images created by rel-eng are layed out
differently on the server depending on who creates the images.  This
isn't something that users of the ISO images see, but I was curious if
this indicated a process document (or SOP) was in need of update to
ensure that images are created in a consistent format each milestone for
mirrors.  For example ...

One format ...
      * /pub/alt/stage/14.TC1/$basearch/${os,iso}
      * /pub/alt/stage/branched-9-2.1/$basearch/{os,iso}
      * /pub/alt/stage/rawhide-testing/$basearch/{os,iso}

Another format (includes "Fedora" flavor in path) ...
      * /pub/alt/stage/14-Beta.RC3/Fedora/$basearch/${os,iso}
      * /pub/alt/stage/14-Alpha.RC3/Fedora/$basearch/${os,iso}

Not a big difference of course, I recognized the difference while
updating my script which monitors for, and downloads ISOs (which may
eventually be used by AutoQA).

What is the expected path for the images?

/pub/alt/stage/%{name}/%{flavor}/%{basearch} ?
      * Where name is something like, "$version-$milestone-$count" ?
      * Where flavor in [Fedora, Live]

Thanks,
James