Introduction

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 23:33:10 UTC 2015

>> > Hi RelEng team!
>> >
>> > I would like to help with composing Workstation Fedora or composing
>> > testing images, if it possible ofcourse, or something else about
>> > Workstation. And join to RelEng team. I vahe already FAS account and
>> > already have join to QA team. Also read wiki pages about RelEng.
>> >
>> > And I understand that composing images maybe impossible now for me but it
>> > maybe possible in the future. Maybe there are lighter tasks and which not
>> > require special access.
>> >
>> > FAS account: karter
>> > IRC nick-name: krter on #fedora-releng, #fedora-buildsys and
>> > #fedora-workstation
>
> Hi Alexander, sorry no one got back to you earlier.  Although I'm not
> a rel-eng team member myself, it looks like you've jumped in with both
> feet and that's awesome.  If I'm not mistaken the QA team does compose
> special test day images often for Test Days, and that's a great way to
> learn the process of building one.
>
> Building actual Fedora images is a little more crucial for the
> project, obviously, so it's not as easy a task to get started with.
> But hopefully people on the team can suggest one or two easier tasks
> that you could participate in to get started.

Hi Alexander,

As Paul says, apologies for the delay in response, we're all still
recovering from F-23 GA :-)

It's a bit hard to get stuck right in as a lot of the process requires
special access. That said it's not impossible and we welcome
newcomers. Heck, I was one once!

We all hang out on #fedora-releng on freenode and that's a good place
to start. I got involved through the secondary arches, and there's
means there if you have some bandwidth and some check devices, or even
emulation, where you can start to play and understand the process
more.

Let us know your IRC nick, I'm pbrobinson, and look forward to seeing
you in the channel.

Peter