btrfs remix

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 25 22:19:55 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 06:54 PM, valent.turkovic at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi guys and galls,
> is ti now possible to make btrfs fedora remixes? It has been few
> months last time I checked so I'm wondering if it is now possible to
> do so.
Might be possible but I would recommend you don't prematurely promote
Btrfs usage until btrfsck is more functional.    As noted in the Fedora
15 announcement

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_announcement

"Btrfs filesystem Btrfs, the next generation filesystem is being
developed with upstream participation of Red Hat developers, Oracle and
many others. Btrfs is now available as a menu item in the installer
(only for non-live images. live images support just Ext4) and does not
require passing a special option to the installer as in the previous
releases. Btrfs availability has moved up a notch as a incremental step
towards the goal of Btrfs as the default filesystem in the next release
of Fedora. The btrfsck program for performing filesystem checks is under
active development upstream with participation from Fedora but the one
included in this release is still limited and hence users are highly
recommended to maintain backups when using this filesystem (backups are
a good idea anyway!). Thanks to Josef Bacik, Red Hat Btrfs developer,
for his upstream participation and integration of this feature in Fedora
including a yum plugin (yum-plugin-fs-snapshot) that enables users to
rollback updates if necessary, taking advantage of Btrfs snapshots."

Rahul