[Fedora Robotics] Fedora Robotics Spin Failed to Compose

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:35:40 UTC 2011

On 11/02/2011 07:56 PM, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> already there and you should just enabled it, but I might be wrong.
I thought so too.  I'll put the spin on a USB stick tonight and boot
into it so I can grab some screenshots and make sure the install to disk
option is there.
> I don't know if they are already included, but libraries for firewire
> access (libraw1394 and libdc1394) and libftdi are helpful. But they
> might be already pulled in as mrpt dependencies. And... have we
> included -devel packages in the spin? I'm not sure but maybe some or
> most of them should be included. For example, while MRPT provides some
> applications but its library provides lots of functionality so
> probably mrpt-devel package should be included inside the live version
> while it is marked as optional in comps. It is very likely that it is
> applicable to other packages too.
I know that Player uses both of the firewire libs; mrpt does as well.
The .ks explicity lists stage-devel, player-devel, and mrpt-devel, so
all of that stuff will be pulled in.  It's also pulling in Eclipse for
c/c++ development, arduino for microcontroller development, etc.

> It'd be great. The robotics spin is now an official spin and it is
> much better if it has its own page as a product rather than wiki pages.

Alright, I'm in the process of filing a ticket.  You and timn are cc'd.
Are we happy with the artwork the design team has come up with for us?
I like the design, but should we change the "The best tools for the best
robotics" moniker?  I think it's probably something we can change later
if we are concerned with getting the spin site up fast.

Rich