Ruby 1.9.1 (or possibly 1.9.2)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Oct 22 15:13:37 UTC 2009

Hi there,

Having discussed Perl packaging changes for Fedora 13 with Stepan Kasal
in Brno last September, during the Red Hat Developer Conference 2009[1],
I found his ideas (or the Perl SIGs ideas) sufficiently interesting to
experiment with myself in the case of Ruby.

I did a blog post[2] on this subject, showing off a local build of a
compat-ruby-1.9.1 package I've made. I'm still working on some of the
other troubles all of that introduces, but I wanted to let you know
where I'm thinking it could be heading towards.

Have a nice day!

-- Jeroen

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DeveloperConference2009
[2] http://www.kanarip.com/node/872