ruby version

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun May 16 18:26:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 05/16/2010 05:38 PM, Jeremy Hinegardner wrote:
> Personally, I think rvm itself should be packaged and shipped with Fedora
> If no one is working on it right now, I'll put a package together in a
> couple of weeks.

Just to be clear : are  you suggesting there is a way to ship a ruby-rvm
rpm package, and then overload that with ruby-rvm-ruby191 and
ruby-rvm-ruby187 etc packages ? And then have these work on a system
wide, multiuser level ?

I've used rvm in the past, and based on what I've seen and used, rvm is
used mostly to build-from-source a ruby version into your homedir. Also,
rvm has had issues handling multilib in a sane manner.

- KB

PS: not sure who all are and are not on the ruby-list, so leaving all
the CC's in place. Apologies if you get two copies.