Towards a Fedora Ruby appserver

Guillermo Gómez guillermo.gomez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:59:29 UTC 2010

El 26/10/10 03:41, Gaveen Prabhasara escribió:

> I only started using rvm recently, and therefore can't comment on how
> primetime ready it is. But given all the benefits it's say it's definitely
> worth checking.

I still dont use it but agree its worth checking...

> I'm not saying that it has to be rvm and only rvm, but the idea sounds neat.
> There would be some packaging changes necessary if we are to achieve a
> rvm or any other good multi-ruby env.

I really dont feel comfortable with fedora multi-envs in general. Fedora
being Fedora, im not sure we should have it or not. Keeping and "old"
environment (compat) is more like a enterprise level requirement and i
dont know we have enough human resources in ruby-sig/pacakgers to deal
with it.

I already have a friend who's complaining about F14 not pushing the
envelope and just including sw updates, what he said, "not fun at all".

I feel the Fedora way pushes us to move to 1.9 for F15. If we can cope
with a multi-envs, fine, but for me is a low prio.

> +1 from me for the idea of system-wide rvm/multi-ruby env

0 (still in neutral)

Guillermo