Ruby 1.9.3 testing repository

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 16:45:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 05:30:39PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> >My main downstream project is based on 1.8 (since that's what's in RHEL
> >and will be for a while) so I'd like to see at least two releases with
> >1.8 to give me time to transition my work to 1.9 completely.
>
> May be you should start to be worried about RHEL 7.

I am looking to the future and especially to Ruby 1.9. :)

> Honestly, if you are developing for current RHEL, then it is best to
> develop on RHEL. If you are developing for future RHEL, then it is
> best to develop on Rawhide. However, this is not discussion about
> RHEL but about Fedora.

That's already the process. As I said, I'm just being conservative about
the transition; i.e., the idea of "we're going to completely dump LANG
vX for LANG vY with this release" (when there are incompatibilities
between X and Y) gives me chills. ;)

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/