Packaging rack-based applications for Fedora

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Feb 10 16:30:51 UTC 2011

Dne 10.2.2011 17:21, Jeroen van Meeuwen napsal(a):
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:12:32 +0100, Michal Fojtik<mfojtik at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to ask if there are any policies or guidelines for packaging
>> 'rack-based' (Sinatra/Rails/..) projects for Fedora.
>>
> Yes, there's a set of policies at:
>
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Ruby#Ruby_Gems

Actually we are speaking about Ruby applications in general I would say.
Let say I have Foo application which is based on Shoes for example. How
should I package it? Is there already some sample application packaged?

Or what about Rails or Sinatra applications? Is there already some of
them packaged, which could be taken as an example?

These applications are not typically packaged as gems, while they can be
for convenience.

Vit