JRuby 1.7 and Fedora

Charles Oliver Nutter headius at headius.com
Wed Sep 12 01:14:00 UTC 2012

Couple more details for y'all.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Charles Oliver Nutter
<headius at headius.com> wrote:
>> - Ideally push JRuby's changes to RubyGems upstream (not sure if they'd accept them), or just apply them to our Fedora RubyGems downstream for the time being - shouldn't break anything, AFAICS
>
> We have a standing bug to get all of our changes pushed upstream. Most
> of them are just one-off patches, but there's also our maven support
> (which, I'm sad to say, never really worked like we wanted it to).
> Ideally we could ship stock RubyGems for JRuby 1.7 final.

We maintain a forked git repo for our RubyGems patches. Everything is
handled as branches that correspond to the main RubyGems' repo's tags,
e.g. the v1.8.24 tag/release led to the following branch in JRuby's
fork:

https://github.com/jruby/rubygems/tree/jruby-rubygems_1_8_24

All the changes should be diffable and blameable for easy investigation.

We are debating just removing the maven support, since it has never
really worked quite right.

- Charlie