Ruby 2.1 mass rebuild

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 07:09:39 UTC 2014

Dne 9.4.2014 20:17, Allen Hewes napsal(a):
> Hi Vit,
>
>> Anyway, together with jstribny, we will go through every package and try
>> to rebuild if you'll not be faster then us ;) Any help is appreciated as
>> well as feedback.
>>
> I'd like to help. How does one do that? What does one need to be able to help? Get a running Rawhide install and use mock/rpmbuild?
>
> /allen

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your offer.

mock is enough. It doesn't matter what Fedora you run ... in theory, you
can work just with koji, but it would be hard to debug the problems you
might encounter.

You can start with rebuild of binary packages you own, for that case is
everything easy (just don't forget to specify the target). If you'd like
to rebuild packages you don't own but you care about, you can ask for
permissions in pkgdb and see if you'll get approved. Otherwise, please
update the .spec file and store the SRPM somewhere, where I can pick it
up and rebuild using my povenpackager privileges.

HTH

Vít