RubyGems packaging with Ruby 2.1.0

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Jan 21 00:54:48 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 09:11 AM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> * Not sure if there is some neat way how to get rid of the
> "-I%{buildroot}%{gem_extdir_mri}" from the %check section though :/ May
> be "-I$(dirs +1)%{gem_extdir_mri}" could be better pattern, since it
> points into ${_builddir}, i.e. into the directory where the test suite
> is executed. Any thoughts on this topic?

Could the buildroot correspondences of the standard ruby load
directories be automatically pushed onto the LOAD_PATH in the %check
section? Then the buildroot would just be seen as another standard
location to all the ruby based tools. Or perhaps some more macro's could
be used to hide some of these long bits.

Just my 2cents,
  -Mo