updating rails in epel to 4.x

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 14:28:12 UTC 2015

I've done some investigation as to updating rails in EPEL to the latest
release (4.2.1).

As part of this I've been refactoring polisher [1] and have written a
few new utilities to cross reference upstream / downstream dependencies
and output the results in in a tree like manner [2][3] as well as to
highlight upstream dependencies missing downstream [4].

The results of the last utility run [5] should give a rough estimate of
the work entailed. Dev deps have been included for this run so many
updates are duplicate / unecessary.

I'll look into consolidating this list and taking some of the simpler
updates in the near future, obviously the more eyeballs that we get on
this, the quicker it will go.

   -Mo

[1] https://github.com/ManageIQ/polisher
[2] https://github.com/ManageIQ/polisher/blob/master/bin/gem_mapper.rb