New contributor Loïc Maury

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Fri Sep 20 09:01:28 UTC 2013

On 20/09/13 09:44, Loïc Maury wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Loïc Maury, I am C/C++/Python/Haskell programmer, and
> I try to contribute to Fedora Project.
>
> I have spoken with some persons of Fedora (Infrastructure), and it seem
> I can help with this project.
>
> I have some experience with code audit/functional testing( job and
> personaly),
> static analysis tool, security programming.
>
> I hope I will can help and contribute.
>
> Thank you
>
> Loïc Maury
>

> --

Hello Loic,

Florian and Eric seem to be doing most of the C/C++ stuff. Our python
defensive coding section is only one page. Maybe that would be a good
place to start ?

As I mentioned yesterday on list, be nice to cover a variety of topics
with pitfalls, even generic stuff like how to do efficient, safe input
validation, including with unicode/ascii issues, regexpr pitfalls.
Different examples would be great. I suspect many people also use
databases, so maybe a few examples for doing in and output validation
with proper logging, would also be useful to the community of aspiring
pythonians. I am sure there are loads more topics I cannot think of at
the moment. Maybe covering xml, json/yaml verification, hashing, TLSing
(?).... loads more out there.

I personally think there is too little good practical information out
there, which is why we need a community guide. Maybe soon then, we can
have multiple people doing improvements and peer review, to make this
guide a very good starting point for programmers, wanting to learn good
implementation methodology.

Thank you very much for volunteering.

Of course this is just a suggestion, not a tasking. So, do whatever you
would like to do, maybe there is something in the C/C++ guide you see,
that also needs improving or adding.

Any help is appreciated! Maybe you know a few others that would be
willing to help out.

Keep in mind, this is a community guide, even though it might be branded
as a Fedora guide, it is still a major benefit to the FOSS community as
a whole.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org