Re: New contributor Loïc Maury

Loïc Maury lmaury at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 09:46:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Tristan Santore <
tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net> wrote:

> On 20/09/13 09:44, Loïc Maury wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Loïc Maury, I am C/C++/Python/Haskell programmer, and
>> I try to contribute to Fedora Project.
>>
>> I have spoken with some persons of Fedora (Infrastructure), and it seem
>> I can help with this project.
>>
>> I have some experience with code audit/functional testing( job and
>> personaly),
>> static analysis tool, security programming.
>>
>> I hope I will can help and contribute.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> Loïc Maury
>>

>> --
>>
>>  Hello Loic,
>
> Florian and Eric seem to be doing most of the C/C++ stuff. Our python
> defensive coding section is only one page. Maybe that would be a good place
> to start ?
>
> As I mentioned yesterday on list, be nice to cover a variety of topics
> with pitfalls, even generic stuff like how to do efficient, safe input
> validation, including with unicode/ascii issues, regexpr pitfalls.
> Different examples would be great. I suspect many people also use
> databases, so maybe a few examples for doing in and output validation with
> proper logging, would also be useful to the community of aspiring
> pythonians. I am sure there are loads more topics I cannot think of at the
> moment. Maybe covering xml, json/yaml verification, hashing, TLSing (?)....
> loads more out there.

Ok, I didn't know, that we have a project about handbook security. I didn't
find in fedoraproject wiki ?

Otherwise, I am less fluent in Python than C/C++ but, I think I can help.

The idea is to write some sample code of "how I can do this task with my
code safely" ?

Thank you

Loïc Maury