SELinux context file format

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 10:11:50 UTC 2010

On 01/15/2010 11:03 AM, Leif Thuresson wrote:
> I'm experimenting with creating custom SELinux users with specific
> privileges.
> I've read Dominick Grift article series about SELinux lockdown which I
> found very helpful.
>
> (http://selinux-mac.blogspot.com/2009/06/selinux-lockdown-part-one-confined.html)
> What I'm still missing is a detailed description of the SELinux context
> files and format.
> Although I can guess the use of certain fields I don't feel comfortable
> with just copying
> a context file for a built in user without understanding exactly what
> I'm doing.
> Can someone point me to some documentation of the context file format?
> (I'm using Fedora12 for my experiments)
> Thanks,
> /Leif

Hi, I am glad to hear that my article is useful to you.

I wrote an article about about the SELinux policy structure in Fedora.
It is just something i wrote one rainy afternoon and it may have errors
but you can get it here:

http://84.245.6.206/~dgrift/stuff/Managing_a_SELinux_environment_with_Fedora_12.pdf

I am also happy to answer any specific questions that you may have.

You can also catch me on irc://irc.freenode.org/fedora-selinux