Issues logging into to more than one system

Göran Uddeborg goeran at uddeborg.se
Sat Jan 8 12:00:10 UTC 2011

Göran Uddeborg:
> Daniel J Walsh:
> > ~/.xsessions-errors
> > Should work, although I have a bug report on this not working. Could you
> > see if it works for you.
>
> I'm testing now.  I saw your other mail warning that it might not
> work.  But I'll let you know what actually happens.

Following up on my promise:

As you suspected in another mail, ~/.xsession-errors didn't work.  I
also tried /home/*/.xsession-errors, but that didn't work either.
Apparently asterisks in restorecond.conf are expanded only if they are
the last component in the path, not in the middle as above.

What I had to do was to list /home/.../.xsession-errors for all users
active on the machines.  It obviously doesn't scale very nicely.  But
this is a home environment, and there are only a handful of users.

So it works for me! :-)