F14 - NVIDIA & Labels

Miroslav Grepl mgrepl at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 13:03:41 UTC 2011

On 01/08/2011 07:22 PM, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apart from the usual $HOME/.local/share/Trash mislabeled files warnings
> I'm getting (same as F12) these for /dev/nvidia* on Fedora 14:
>
>    /dev/nvidia0 from system_u:object_r:device_t:s0 to
> system_u:object_r:xserver_misc_device_t:s0
>
> /dev/nvidiactl from system_u:object_r:device_t:s0 to
> system_u:object_r:xserver_misc_device_t:s0
>
> I don't know...maybe UDEV doesn't have the proper transition rules to
> create xserver_misc_device_t on directoy device_t?  I fix the labels but
> when I restart they're created again with device_t.
Probably something broken in nvidia module that creates the device
rather then having udev create the device.

Fortunately there are some solutions for this issue.

1. You could add /dev/nvidia0 to /etc/selinux/restorecond.conf and run the
restorecond service.

chkconfig restorecond --add
service restorecond start

2. If  you see in the scripts where nvidiactl is created, you could add a
restorecon right afterwards.