some questions about apache and tomcat

Miroslav Grepl mgrepl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 08:05:23 UTC 2011

On 07/27/2011 05:23 AM, Benedict S wrote:
> Hello,everybody.
>
> There is no packages about mod_jk-ap20 in our fedora rpm packages.How
> can I connect apache with tomcat,using http_proxy ,ajp_proxy or
> something else?Which method is the best way to use it?
>
> When i start tomcat6 with command "service tomcat6 start " or
> "run_init service tomcat6 start" ,the tomcat6 was running under the
> context of "system_u:system_r:unconfined_java_t" and the web's
> applications can't run successfully. I found there is no module about
> tomcat  and neither in refpolicy-2.20101213.Should I write some policy
> for tomcat6 or there is something wrong with my method.
>
> Thank you very much.

Hi, the problem is tomcat6 calls the "/usr/sbin/tomcat6" script in the
tomcat6 init script. And java executable is called in this script. So
you end up in the uncofined_java_t domain which looks ok.

What exactly doesn't work? Could you open a new bug on the
selinux-policy component and attach all AVC msgs which you are getting?

Regards,
Miroslav