dkim policy in Fedora

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Sep 9 13:41:56 UTC 2011

Currently, the SELinux policy for dkim in Fedora (at least for F-15 and
Rawhide) is in the milter module, whereas upstream has a separate dkim
module. I'm looking at adding support for opendkim (a fork of
dkim-milter), which has recently been imported to Fedora, and if I send
a patch upstream, it's not going to get pulled into Fedora because
Fedora is using a patched milter module rather than upstream's dkim
module. Is there any reason for this other than it being a historical
thing due to it being in Fedora before upstream?

Paul.