Recommended types for special keys

Douglas Brown d46.brown at student.qut.edu.au
Thu Jul 4 23:38:50 UTC 2013

On 4/07/13 3:52 AM, "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>Ok, small problem: where I work is a US federal gov't agency, and we're
>required to use data from our PIV cards (the same as US DoD CAC cards). We
>store the user's public keys from those cards, so they are, in effect,
>their ssh keys for going to other systems. Selinux complains about the
>types. The sealert offers, among other obviously inappropriate types,
>these: nx_server_home_ssh_t, etc_t, rssh_ro_t, ssh_home_t, cert_type,
>home_root_t, sshd_t, selinux_login_config_t, ssh_home_t.

Could you please provide the relevant audit log messages? If not, at least
a little more information, mainly: source domain, target type and access
vector.

>What *would* be an appropriate type?

You can determine this with sesearch, provided you know the information
above.

sesearch --allow --auditallow --target=type_t --class=class
--perm=perm1,perm2,perm3

If it comes back with nothing appropriate, you may need to write your own
policy defining the required types and allowed access vectors.

Cheers,
Doug