*tap* *tap* *tap*

Leam Hall leam at reuel.net
Mon Aug 30 20:49:47 UTC 2010

On 08/30/2010 03:27 PM, seth vidal wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 15:13 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
>
>> Right. But don't you think this group could at least come up with a list
>> of proposals, or even one proposal? It could include a longer support
>> timeframe, but also detail how Fedora is not friendly to Server today.
>
> It needs a longer support lifetime and/or a slower update rate.
>
> I think that's really all.

Nope, it needs:

1. To escape being put together by people that don't seem to understand
that server people have to maintain more than one OS version.

2. To escape RPM hell. I wonder if you still need to install Perl to get
PHP?

3. People on the IRC that aren't nazis.

4. To actually work. I'm on problem #15 with a straight F13 install. Of
those, only one has been operator error.

5. And yeah, a longer support life.

Leam