Thoughts on Fedora Server lifecycle

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Nov 4 18:02:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:06:03 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think our primary delivery method would be ks preferable fetchable
> from netinstall iso and stored in git ( that ks could be read from a
> usb stick from anaconda as well ) as well as if we cant apply your
> ansible/playbook proposal for it as well.

Well, ks (and ansible playbooks, etc) are very flexable, possibly too
flexable for this case. I suppose I could see basing things off some
existing ks, but I really expect most server admins would tweak their
own. Same for post install config...

So, perhaps it's best for us to produce the underlying framework
(possibly with a few examples) and test that and make sure it works so
server admins can customize on top of that.

kevin