FedoraOS Server Platform ( FOSSP )

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:05:49 UTC 2013

On 11/19/2013 03:54 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> It seem you have your own idea of what the process should be but you are
> not helping me understand what your idea is.

I myself have been looking 5+ years in the future with more then 5+ past
experience working in Fedora and I have been looking at this process as
an point in time as the opportunity to make a real change and real
difference with much needed clean up in distribution in the process.

If not now when I simply ask?

On numerous occasion I have tried to explain the needed work ahead of us
but on all those occasion I have failed as it seems.

Given that we do not fundamentally share that vision, I have decided to
withdraw my proposals as well as my participation in the ServerWG since
I would be more of an burden then a benefit to this effort and focus on
my efforts entirely on FedoraOS ( as opposed to try to find the golden
middle ground in this process ) and present that to the community and
hopefully have them vote on which direction should be taken.

I thank Stephen for have chosen me in the first place and I'm pretty
sure he already has an willing replacement that is better aligned with
what he's trying to achieve with this effort and the vision of this group.

JBG