Server WG and the Fedora project wiki

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 18:31:41 UTC 2013

Hi again,

On 10/30/2013 02:20 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> 1) Clean-slate the page and re-purpose it for the working group and any
> SIG members that are remaining?
>
> or
>
> 2) Leave it alone and start a new one? (/wiki/Server or /wiki/ServerWG?)

So we had some discussion on IRC. What I'm going to do is just set up
/wiki/Server (following the Cloud group's lead) and wait to hear from
more Server SIG folks before marking those pages as deprecated.

IRC discussion log follows below.

~m

<mizmo> sgallagh, do we use the server SIG wiki pages for the server WG
or should there be a different set?
<mizmo> there's a lot of pre-existing content on the server sig page, im
not sure how much of it is actively in use, and i dont want to step on toes
<sgallagh> mizmo: We didn't discuss that in the meeting. I'm inclined to
say "probably", but let's ask the mailing list.
<mizmo> sgallagh, okie dokie
<nirik> well, the working group is not a SIG... I'd just take over the
non SIG space and perhaps change the SIG pages to say they are no longer
maintained?
<mizmo> nirik, that seems a fair proposal
<nirik> the wiki is sometimes quite the briar patch
<mizmo> nirik, should the new page be /wiki/ServerWG or should it be
just /wiki/Server?
<sgallagh> mizmo: Let's go with /wiki/Server
<nirik> I guess cloud WG is just using "Cloud"
<nirik> so, yeah
<sgallagh> the WG is really just the voting group
<sgallagh> "Fedora Server" is the product we're building
<mizmo> okay cool
<mizmo> i'm gonna copy/paste this discussion and send to the list for