Testing request: ownCloud 7 for Fedora 20

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 29 09:05:07 UTC 2014

Hi, folks. One of my sidelines is maintaining the Fedora ownCloud
package. Today I submitted ownCloud 7.0.2 as an update for Fedora 20;
this is a major version update, the previous package was 6.0.4. I'd
really appreciate it if folks could test and see if it works for them.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OwnCloud has instructions for deploying
ownCloud on a Fedora install (if you find any issues in that page,
please do fix them or report them to me). You can also use my turnkey
testing kickstarts *for testing* (please do not use for production, they
are extremely insecure):

https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc7-httpd-sqlite.ks
https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc7-httpd-mysql.ks
https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc7-httpd-pgsql.ks

those kickstarts configure my side repo, but the build it contains is
the same one currently submitted as the update. Installing a Fedora
system with one of those kickstarts should give you a completely
pre-configured ownCloud install, no interaction required, just browse to
http://host/owncloud and you'll be logged in as 'admin' (password
'admin'). Then play around and see if you can break it. You can also
test upgrades from 6 to 7 by using the oc6 kickstarts for initial
deployment:

https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc6-httpd-sqlite.ks
https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc6-httpd-mysql.ks
https://www.happyassassin.net/ks/oc/oc6-httpd-pgsql.ks