Fedora Server Trello

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 17:13:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-12-01 at 10:05 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 07:52:02 -0500
> Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > I know some people in the Cloud SIG expressed a similar sentiment,
> > > and were interested in packaging up and deploying
> > > <https://github.com/onepiecejs/nodejs-cantas>, but there have always
> > > been more pressing concerns. Maybe you'd be interested in helping?
> > >

> > Sorry folks, been away for the US holiday with family.
> >
> > So, Simo makes a valid point (and one I should have considered before
> > going ahead and recommending Trello). We should be striving to use
> > open-source tools to develop the Fedora Server.
> >
> > The Cantas suggestion is a sensible one. I notice while doing a bit of
> > quick research on it that the Cantas upstream directly supports
> > OpenShift, so we could easily deploy a Cantas server to the public
> > OpenShift cloud that Red Hat has made available to us. As some of you
> > are aware, I already control the fedoraserver.rhcloud.com namespace.
> > We are using it to host http://reviewboard-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/
> > for the development of rolekit and any other Fedora Server related
> > project that wants to use it.
> >
> > I understand that the ideal situation would be to have our services
> > maintained by Fedora Infrastructure, but due to resource constraints
> > (not least because the Infra guys are already overworked), do we feel
> > that using the public OpenShift infrastructure would be sufficient at
> > this time? We should be able to migrate if the Fedora Infrastructure
> > ever starts offering Cantas.
> >
> > I'm going to throw together a test deployment of it today that we can
> > try out.
>
> +1 to using openshift if this helps fedora infra gain knowledge of how
> to make it possible to deploy cantas for fedora projects later on.

OK, so it took two weeks to shake out a few bugs, but we now have a
Cantas instance up and running[1].

I imported the cards we had on trello.com into a Fedora Server general
board[2], so we can work from there.

Right now, unfortunately I cannot tie it to the Fedora Infrastructure.
Cantas upstream supports only two authentication mechanisms: Kerberos
and Google Accounts. Fedora Infrastructure doesn't support Kerberos at
this time, so the only alternative we have for right now is to use
Google Accounts.

I've opened a ticket with Cantas upstream to add OpenID support (which
they appear to be willing to do)[3]. When that happens, we'll pull it in
and switch over. I hope this proves a more acceptable solution for our
development.

[1] http://cantas-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/
[2]
http://cantas-fedoraserver.rhcloud.com/board/548f10f5cca1fb0000000002/Fedora_Server