[SOLVED] Re: Comment issue with the Server WG Blog

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 13:17:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 11:00 -0600, Dan Mossor wrote:
> On 12/12/2014 10:41 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> > So, a number of people have written to me to let me know that comments
> > don't work on the Server WG blog. I took a look at it today and
> > discovered the following:
> >
> > 1) Logging in with OpenID first seems to allow comments for me. I am
> > unclear on whether that's limited to admin users.
> > 2) Disabling the WP-Spamfree plugin restores functionality.
> >
> > I'm inclined for the time being to just set all comments to moderated
> > and disable the Spamfree plugin. Any opposition?

I set all comments to moderation as well as requiring an OpenID login to
post. That should keep the spam down and allow people to comment
properly.

The issue appears to be that WP-SpamFree hardcodes a path to a standard
set of functions in a WordPress install, but the OpenShift layout does
not match the standard install path, so it breaks. I spent an hour or so
trying to get it to work yesterday, but I decided it wasn't worth the
time. If someone else wants to deal with it, let me know and I'll help
get them access.