Deadlines

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 21 08:29:25 UTC 2014

Am 21.02.2014 02:14, schrieb Stephen Gallagher:
> Would you mind going into more detail about why you think we might
> want to pick systemd network units, though?

because it is more lightweight compared to NM and already
there by sharing code with other services - i know nobody
who is running NM on a server

> Last I had heard
> (admittedly a while ago), there were no plans for it to support any of
> the more complicated network setups like bridging and multipath, which
> are pretty much showstoppers in my mind for a server

type systemd-networkd leads to
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-networkd.service.html

DHCP

    A boolean. When true, enables basic DHCPv4 support.
Address

    A static IPv4 or IPv6 address and its prefix length, separated by a "/" character. The format of the address
must be as described in inet_pton(3) . This is a short-hand for an [Address] section only containing an Address key
(see below).
Gateway

    The gateway address, which must be in the format described in inet_pton(3) . This is a short-hand for a [Route]
section only containing a Gateway key.
DNS

    A DNS server address, which must be in the format described in inet_pton(3) .
Bridge

    The name of the bridge to add the link to.
Bond

    The name of the bond to add the link to.
VLAN

    The name of a VLAN to create on the link. This option may be specified more than once.

even that german news article talks about bridges, VLAN and bonding
http://www.heise.de/open/meldung/Init-Plattform-Systemd-regelt-jetzt-Netzwerkverbindungen-2119141.html