Deadlines

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 18:33:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 18:08 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/21/2014 05:01 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> >> Relevant in the way that you dont need NM to configure "enterprise" (
> >> bridging/bonding etc ) networking so maturity in NM is irrelevant I
> >> would say.
> > Ok, can you tell me how do you configure Team Bonding or IP over
> > Infiniband with systemd-networkd ?
>
> systemd-networkd supports configuring local network interfaces
> statically or via DHCP as well as being capable of bringing up bridges,
> VLANs, and bonding if that's what you are wondering and you configure
> those by creating .netdev file and define which you want with kind= as in
> foo.netdev
> [NetDev]
> Name=$bar
> Kind=bond/bridge/vlan
>
> Then you go about creating relevant related .link and .network units
> just watch out that it wont collide with ethXYZ namespace used by the kernel
> IPoIB is not supported at this moment and you did not need NM to do that
> anyway just like the rest so...

Ok so your answer boils down to:
"I do not know how to do that, but here is a blurb taken from the
general FAQ about how to configure something (but not what was asked)."

This is apparently sufficient to declare systemd-networkd done and ready
for Fedora Server ... OK!

Excuse me if I am a bit skeptical, and will ignore further arguments on
this for the time being.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York